The hillside campus of the John Quincy Adams Brackett Elementary School overlooks the Boston skyline with towering oak trees that shade the historical tribal lands of the Pawtucket and Massachusett now known as the Town of Arlington, Massachusetts. Brackett Elementary has been serving the children of the Arlington Public Schools since 1931. Named after a former governor of Massachusetts, the school became a place for the local neighborhood children to form memories as they walked the hallways with tall ceilings and attended classes in rooms with large windows and warm wooden trim common to schools of that time. Throughout The picture below shows the original Brackett Building keeping watch over the 66 victory gardens planted by local residents in Robbins Farm during World War II. The original building continued to serve as a pillar in this community until 1999.
Our colors are blue and white. Our mascot is the cricket with the rainbow serving as a long standing symbol of the beautiful spectrum of learning that our community values.